Keynote Speaker, Award-winning Author & Ghostwriter
Motivational Speaker & Harvard Trained Writer
Martha served 29-years in the U.S. Coast Guard at sea and ashore. A graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy and Harvard University she rose to the senior officer rank of captain earning many awards. An experienced spokesperson for corporate clients like IBM and crisis manager for significant national events to include Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and numerous hurricanes like Sandy and Maria, Martha's adventures enabled her to live in Manhattan, Connecticut, Boston, Seattle, Astoria, Oregon (homeport for her first ship assignment), San Francisco and Key West (where she spent some time at sea as second in command of a 110' patrol boat.) Martha resides in Florida with her family.
Motivational speaker: empowers and inspires corporate leaders, students, and teams to dream bigger. Keynote speaker for graduations, national and regional events - let’s fire them up!
- My presentations include these topics:
- Changing Tomorrow by Seizing Today - Dream Bigger
- Our Ocean's Health - Why We Should Care
- The Aftermath of Suicide - Why This Matters
- Resilient Crisis Management
- I can also: bring stories of extraordinary people, coupled with my own life and leadership experiences to your audience, no matter their age or phase, encouraging them to take action.
- I enthusiastically share the steps needed to achieve their mission, their dream, sprinkling in inspirational stories from my career and from those I have written about in my books.
- Why we should talk: I deliver life-changing stories. I create relatable presentations that shares hard-earned wisdom, teaching the audiences – no matter your age or experience – that we can be bold, we can achieve our daring dreams, having fun along the way.
My books: I’ve authored and co-authored five books, capturing the adventures, wild environments, trials and survival of women and men.
- What I can do for you: I like making a difference. Helping people overcome their fears, take risks to achieve their bigger dreams by giving them tools to discover their own beyond. This is a great way to spend the day.
- I deliver memoirs and magazine features. I am an empathetic interviewer, discreet – let me help you tell your story. This is my talent and focus.
- Ready to go: Achieving a senior officer rank in the U.S. Coast Guard taught me a thing or two about getting along with people from all sorts of places and points of view, managing their different leadership styles and, being always ready to go, even if it meant deploying for a national disaster or shipboard patrol – that said, I can travel to work on your story or speaking event.
- One of the greatest joys I have received from my career in the US Coast Guard and my award-winning books are invitations to lend my experience to talk about leadership, sharing steps to achieve a bigger dream and talking about my own crisis management and resilience experiences dealing with major national events.