I was delighted to serve as the keynote for US Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville commands and the Chiefs Call to Initiation celebration!
So honored to speak to the men and women of the US Coast Guard in a morning session sharing my leadership insights and facilitating a discussion which inspired them to Be Bold, Be First and Be You in order to guide themselves and their teams through turbulent and uncertain times. I was so excited to spend the day with them and also tour our US Coast Guard Helicopter Interdiction Tactical Squadron, HITRON.
In the evening, I was the guest keynote joining a ballroom full of service members and their families to honor the rise and promotion of over a dozen leaders to Chief, U.S. Coast Guard.
Thank you to all involved for this honor and wonderful day!
“We had a lot of great feedback! People loved our coffee hour before the event started to meet others, and people enjoyed the speed networking after the speaker. Attendees got a lot of value out of the presentation, especially the workshop Martha facilitated after. Points people took away were:
– To step out of boundaries and take chances.
– How to apply leadership philosophy to daily life.
– We all have our separate struggles and battles that make us stronger and unique in how we lead.
– It is important to look at yourself and know who you are before helping others.
– It’s OK to be YOU!
– Ask others “what can I do to help you succeed?”
– Everyone has their own why.
– Listen to others before making your decision.
– Be You!”